Thursday, October 16, 2014

Double Review: "Ravenclaw" & "Slytherin" from Above the Curve

Hello Readers:

I have two polishes to show to you today. Both are from Above the Curve's Harry Potter inspired collection, and as a huge Harry Potter fan we know I'm over the moon for this collection. I honestly love that Shawn and Angel have put their own spin on things rather than the straight out obvious color choices seen in the movies, not that I mind collections like that (I own some like that) its just nice to see a new take on things.

First up is the house polish for Ravenclaw.

"Ravenclaw" is deep blue polish with green-blue-purple-pink color shifting micro glitter and navy micro glitter and a linear holo.


Another cloudy day








The sun peeked out for a minute finally





 
I think the overcast weather is here to stay, but at least I get little intervals of sunlight. I had some trouble capturing the awesome colorshifting glitter but I think the more shaded photos at least give you a glimpse of it. The holo is definitely intense. Everything about this polish is a win! I love love love it! I had no application issues, I used two coats of polish over a clear base coat, no top coat.
 
 
Next up is the house polish for Slytherin.
 
"Slytherin" is an olive green to gold duochrome with green shimmer and scattered holo.
 

Full sunlight











In the shade


 
At first I wasn't sure I would like "Slytherin" because I'm usually not a fan of chrome polishes, but this one is just fabulous! I REALLY didn't want to take it off! I found that the gold duochrome seemed to be more of bronzy gold but I still love it, and I'm a huge fan of scattered holos. I had no application issues either, two coats of polish over a clear base coat and no top coat. Also, apologies for the water droplets in the photos I thought I had dried off my hands entirely before photos but apparently not.
 
Seriously everything about these polishes are fabulous and I could never stop staring at my nails with either color! Whether your an Harry Potter fan or not I think this colors definitely need to be on your "must have" lists.

If you'd like to check out Above the Curve's Harry Potter inspired collection or just their wonderful polishes in general you can check out their Etsy Shop. Also, don't forget that not only do they have great polishes they also donate $1 of every bottle to charity. ^_^
 
Until next time.
-Andi
 
PS. Today is the LAST day to enter my giveaway which you can do: HERE
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment