Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: "Aurora" from Picture Polish

Hello Readers:

It is finally here! The next few posts will be dedicated to the Picture Polish LE (limited edition) polishes recently released: Altered State, Aurora, Gravity, Illusionist, and Solar Flare



This collection was meant to be worn over black to really bring out the colors and shimmers of the polishes, but I took some photos by themselves just so  you could see what they are like on their own.

I HAD to start with Aurora since it was my number one must have from the collection. It looks so absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, and in swatches I have seen. As it is a color shifting polish this post will be picture heavy, as well, I will have some intentionally blurred photos as I found that was most optimal at showing the color shifting. Aurora shifts from green (more a turquoise), purple, pink, and orange and gold at extreme angles.

First here are the photos of the Aurora by itself (no undies). I used three coats of Aurora.

Artificial Lighting


Indirect Sunlight

Direct Sunlight

As you can see the polish is quite sheer in the sunlight, and is more opaque under artificial light. It has great sparkle, and the colors are wonderful, but I think the WOW factor just isn't there, so below is the photos of Aurora over black (Carpe Noctem Cosmetics' "Under Cover of Night" to be exact). I used two coats of black, and one coat of Aurora.

Natural Lighting




Artificial Lighting






Isn't the color palette AWESOME?!? I love greens and purples so pairing them is what really drew me to this polish!

This polish is a huge color shifter, but I have to admit that I was a little underwhelmed by it. I think mainly it was all the excitement and build up that I put towards it so in the end I let myself down. So, I think after awhile I'm going to come back and give it a more fair shot because it is beautiful.

Has anyone else built up their expectations for a polish then when you got it on you felt a little let down? I really hope I'm not the only one haha Don't get me wrong I don't hate the polish. It is lovely! But it is not my favorite from the collection like I thought it would be.

My next post will feature another LE Picture Polish.

Until next time
-Andi



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment